Recent Posts

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday 4 February 2009

Crazy contact lenses

“A contact lens (also known as a contact) is a corrective, cosmetic or therapeutic lens usually placed on the cornea of the eye. Modern soft contact lenses were invented by the Czech chemists Otto Wichterle and Drahoslav Lim, who also invented the first gel used for their production”
Usually, people use contact lenses because they are trying to correct all sorts of deficiencies, which means they have the same purpose as conventional glasses, but they have the advantage of being lightweight and invisible. Nevertheless, there are many contact lenses that are colored by the manufacturer, aimed at those who want to change their eye color.

There’s no doubt about the fact that contact lenses were a fashionable accessory a couple of years ago, when I first had the chance to see such weird inventions of the human mind. And I have always wanted to have my own pair of black contact lenses, but it seems that my dream wasn’t meant to come true, due to all sorts of problems.


Still, I can’t say that the lenses designed by Eun-Gyeong Gwon and Eun-Jae Lee are to my liking. First of all, I must take a deep breath and consider the continuous evolution of the world that makes possible the craziest ideas that could ever cross someone’s mind. The I Contact is something like a mouse stuffed deep inside your eyes. I know it sounds like a bad joke, but that’s the way it is.
When it comes to the insertion of the lens, there’s no difference between the I Contact and other that are available on the market, but what makes it distinguish itself is the fact that the I Contact is equipped with sensors that allow tracking the eye movement. This way, the position is transmitted to a receiver that is connected to your PC. You know what this means, right? That you have full control over a mouse cursor.

When first created, the I Contact was aimed at all of those people who have disabilities that impede them to physically use a mouse. But guess what? This might be a great solution for those who are too lazy to use their hands in order to handle the mouse. So pray for these crazy contact lenses to see the light of the day!
Source: YankoDesign.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment